To complement our class-leading Prestige G-XS fly rods the new Prestige Gold fly reels provide an ultra-lightweight reel option for superb balance on today’s lightweight carbon fly rods. Precision CNC-machined from solid, high grade aircraft aluminium bar stock. The CNC design programming ensures that the maximum amount of metal is removed, for the lightest weight possible whilst retaining optimum strength and rigidity.
These precision reels are fitted with a sealed, multi-disc cork and stainless steel centre drag, which offers powerful drag performance to cope with the hardest running fish. However, the multi-disc design provides minimal start-up inertia to prevent break-offs with ‘smash takes’ and allows the use of the finest tippets. The large arbor design allows faster retrieve, more consistent drag performance and minimal line memory. Internal parts, such as the main spindle and clutch bearing, are manufactured from stainless steel for corrosion resistance even in salt-water, while the precision one-way roller clutch bearing provides instant drag control when that ‘smash take’ catches you by surprise. The hard gold anodised finish provides superb saltwater and chip resistance. The comfortable spool handle and counter weight are machined from aluminium and hard anodised in a contrasting black colour.
- Precision CNC machined from high grade aluminium bar stock
- Ultra lightweight design for better rod/reel balance
- Large arbor design for faster retrieve, more consistent drag performance and minimal line memory
- Extra hard anodised finish for saltwater and chip resistance
- Multi-disc cork and stainless steel centre drag system
- Easy left to right hand conversion
- One-way roller clutch bearing
- Stainless steel main spindle
- Easy release spool
- Complete with Neoprene reel case for protection